About Me

My photo
I am an explorer and runner who loves the outdoors, lavender, crochet, knitting, trying anything once, defiantly being truthful to myself at all costs. I enjoy nature, listening to birds chirp outside my window in Brooklyn and riding through upstate NY listening to country music. I'm fascinated with bugs and all types of insects. FYI dragonflies are my favorite .. I enjoy spending summer days beach combing, hiking and always being aware of mother nature. I am currently researching my genealogy and sometimes I find time to read about history and politics (both national and global). I support environmental causes and strive to live a more green life.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009


Hey everyone... Let me tell you summer has finally arrived here in Brooklyn, NY. I was browsing through Interweave Crochet magazine and decided this would be the perfect time to experiament with lace weight thread.
I ordered the Nazli Gelin/book one Garden Collection. It has exquisite patterns. I am now working on the gorgeous "Rosemary" pictured above. The pattern calls for a US B-1(2.25mm) crochet hook. I am using the Nazli Gelin 2009 collection of thread in the 700-07 color. (The same as the picture above.)
This thread is very tiny and delicate and I'm moving at a snail pace. lol. But so far I'm not running into any problem with my lefty hooks. I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment