About Me

My photo
I am an explorer and runner who loves the outdoors, lavender, crochet, knitting, trying anything once, defiantly being truthful to myself at all costs. I enjoy nature, listening to birds chirp outside my window in Brooklyn and riding through upstate NY listening to country music. I'm fascinated with bugs and all types of insects. FYI dragonflies are my favorite .. I enjoy spending summer days beach combing, hiking and always being aware of mother nature. I am currently researching my genealogy and sometimes I find time to read about history and politics (both national and global). I support environmental causes and strive to live a more green life.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Our trip to one of the LYS'

Yesterday Rebecca and I went to one of the LYS's in the NYC area. We spent over an hour browsing and touching all the lustrous yarns. I ended up purchasing several items. A set of #9 and #8 knitting needles. A #7 crochet hook. One Cascade Yarns 100% Peruvian highland wool in color #9888. It is a rich gray, almost a black. Three Feza 100% bamboo's in a very interesting mix. A crochet gifts pattern book.
Rebecca and I are learning to knit. I am mulling over continental or English knit. Today I am leaning toward continental.

No comments:

Post a Comment