About Me

My photo
I am an explorer and runner who loves the outdoors, lavender, crochet, knitting, trying anything once, defiantly being truthful to myself at all costs. I enjoy nature, listening to birds chirp outside my window in Brooklyn and riding through upstate NY listening to country music. I'm fascinated with bugs and all types of insects. FYI dragonflies are my favorite .. I enjoy spending summer days beach combing, hiking and always being aware of mother nature. I am currently researching my genealogy and sometimes I find time to read about history and politics (both national and global). I support environmental causes and strive to live a more green life.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Rebecca's afghan




I have a lot of lefty crochet and knitting news to tell you about. I will post a little something each weekday. And have so many projects lined up to do!!!

I crocheted my daughter Rebecca an afghan using Noro's 2009 summer collection Chirimen. I alternated using #4, #6, #8. I used #8 exclusively for the border.

WOW. This project was so fun!!!! I kept telling Rebecca I'm almost finished. Lol

The pattern we chose was Horizon Throw from the May 2009 issue of Crochet Magazine page 65. This pattern is not a problem for a lefty at all. The dimensional post stitches were fun and made a gentle flowing texture.

I am so excited Ellen Gormley the designer of the pattern sent me a message on Ravelry to let me know how much she liked my rendition of her pattern!!

No comments:

Post a Comment